Tuesday, April 15, 2008

BANANA BREAD



In the recent weeks I've become obsessed with banana bread. I LOVE IT. I've tried a couple of recipes and I've come up with this recipe based off of a recipe I found on the food network web site courtesy of Cathy Lowe.

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
4 very ripe bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup Walnut oil or almond oil (i found that is gave it a nice rich flaor, but you can use veggie oil too)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Optional 1 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and powder, salt. In a large bowl cream together eggs and sugar. Stir in mashed bananas, vanilla, oil and cinnamon. Stir in flour mixture, a third at a time, until just combined. Bake for about 1 hour.

A slice toasted with peanut butter and a latte or glass of milk!!!! heaven


No comments: